We all have a part to play!
The North Country Children’s Museum has reopened to the public!
During our temporary closure, we developed a safe and prudent reopening plan for our visitors and staff. In addition to advice and recommendations from state and local government guidelines, we received guidance and best practices from the Association of Children’s Museums (ACM), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), along with several business and cultural partners.
The staff has been busy working to re-imagine our programming and come up with new and fun ways to engage children and families. If you’re not comfortable or able to play in person, please visit our YouTube Channel for accessible virtual programming
We need play now more than ever and we are excited welcome you
Your Part to Play
Facemasks are required for all visitors ages 2 and up, per the Center for Disease Control and NY State. This is a great resource for families to familiarize themselves with why it’s important to wear a mask.
- Timed reservations for morning and afternoon are recommended to ensure your entrance. Register here
- Limited capacity in the museum
- Please practice social distancing in the museum
- Increased hand sanitizing dispensers throughout the museum
- Please check your temperature before visiting and stay home if you or someone in your home feels sick.
- Visitors who have traveled from one of the New York State ‘hot spots’ within the last two weeks will not be permitted to enter, please check the NY State website for details
- Visitors will receive a bag of sanitizing wipes at the front desk to clean toys and manipulatives after use.
Our Part to Play
All NCCM Educators have been tested and will be wearing facemasks.
For tips on how to help your child understand the importance of masks, click here.
The NCCM Education Team will be required to complete health screenings including temperature checks and a stay home if you feel sick policy.
We are currently operating at a reduced capacity of normal daily attendance to allow for social distancing.
Our cleaning and sanitizing procedures include hospital-grade cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting solutions. Toys and manipulatives will be fully sanitized each day. Surfaces of the exhibits and high traffic areas will also be cleaned throughout the day and deeply during closed hours.
If everyone follows these steps, we can all safely return to joyful learning and play at the museum!